ClubLabs is the digital acceleration team for Automobile Club of Southern California, also known as, AAA. We are the team responsible for building intuitive customer experiences across the organizations insurance, membership, financial, emergency roadside, and travel services. We’re a team of engineers, designers, researchers and product managers within AAA delivering maximum value to our members and business for a smarter future.
AAA is currently seeking an Email Design Developer with great HTML and CSS skills to join its Digital Messaging team, who can flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
In this position, you will actively be involved in email development and will use your HTML, CSS, and design skills to code, format, test, and deploy a variety of commercial (marketing), and transactional email communications. You will also be responsible for managing/loading email lists and scheduling emails within the Salesforce platform. The position will support existing and new email campaigns. The ideal candidate will thrive under deadlines, be able to juggle multiple projects, and collaboratively work with a group of developers, marketers, and copywriters.
- Email development, including coding emails HTML, CSS, and AmpScript with email best practices
- Conducting render tests across email clients and mobile devices, as well as design modification and image creation
- Email deployment, including campaign set-up, segmentation, targeting, QA, and A/B testing
- Remaining up-to-date on industry technology innovations and third-party technology solutions
- Work directly with Marketing Database to investigate and solve file issues
- Thorough knowledge of project planning, development, and delivery best practices
- Quickly assessing new projects to identify level of effort
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate email concepts
- Develop/maintain relational databases and code accordingly in order to incorporate multiple levels of data within campaigns, as necessary
- Making recommendations to better optimize emails
- Applying design skills to visually convey email messages
- Abiding by email best practices
- Optimizing graphic elements for desktop and mobile devices
- Experience executing complex email campaigns
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus, but not necessary
- Responsive design and optimize emails for mobile devices
- Familiarity with Litmus (or similar platforms) for email QA including render-check, links, and errors
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Ability to multi-task
- Understand email platform functionality (Salesforce Marketing Cloud), data integration/APIs, CAN-SPAM, and email best practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- Resourceful and able to troubleshoot issues
- Knowledge in A/B testing and post campaign analysis
- Experience testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing in multiple browsers, mobile platforms, and email clients
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have over 15,000 employees in 21 states helping over 16 million members. With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team.