Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home décor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of color—Kate Spade New York’s founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. Under the vision of creative director Nicola Glass, the brand continues to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Oversee the planning, development and execution of regional European email marketing strategies to support ambitious ecommerce growth objectives across European territories. In addition, this role will support the Performance Marketing Manager in the day to day execution of other performance marketing channels (e.g. Affiliates, PPC, SEO).
This position will report to the Performance Marketing Manager (kate spade new york).
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in marketing to...
- Oversee the planning, development execution and reporting of all email programs, including full blast messages, segmented campaigns, and triggered emails (category browse, cart abandonment, welcome series, etc.) for Kate Spade’s European businesses
- Manage the email brief process, and act as quality control for all emails sent by the company, proofreading and advising on best practice for content, copywriting and design for a European audience
- Build productive working relationships with US-based creative and marketing departments, partnering with teams to ensure campaigns requested are within brand guidelines
- Work closely with ecommerce trade, brand marketing and buying teams to deliver the European email marketing calendar which effectively supports key product pushes, brand marketing initiatives and increases channel performance across both full price and outlet audiences within target markets
- Optimize email performance through continual A/B testing (copy, layout, offers, targeting, etc.) and increased use of dynamic and personalized content
- Conduct thorough analysis and competitive benchmarking to understand email effectiveness and drive future strategies
- Work closely with Performance Marketing Manager to develop the ongoing email marketing strategy and introduce new retention and conversion-focused marketing programs to drive valuable, repeat customers to kate spade new york
- Own the European relationship with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, acting as point of contact for any updates within the platform and optimization opportunities
- Support HTML Email Developer (title TBC) to build and send email marketing campaigns within SFMC and KickDynamic platforms when resource is unavailable
- Work closely with Tapestry Europe CRM team to support the overall CRM strategy, and implementing customer segmentation, LVT, customer analysis etc
- Partner with brand marketing team to grow email subscriber base while maintaining list health and performance
- Work closely with translation agency to ensure our German subscribers receive translated and seasonally relevant messaging
- Keep abreast of channel and industry developments, bringing any opportunities back to the business to increase performance
- Support affiliate channel including the creation of weekly newsletters to be sent to kate spade’s top partners and updating account managers on weekly trade actions
- Support across PPC & SEO channels, including communication of trade updates and providing relevant information on new launches, promotions and seasonal copy updates.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an email marketing role
- Experience working with a large ESP is essential, SFMC experience preferred
- Experience working both independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in a global company/brand and/or online startup
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-orientated
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to work towards multiple KPIs
- Strong problem solving skills; proactive and takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and have a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to act quickly to last minute requests and changes.
- Advanced in Excel
An outstanding professional will have...
- Experience of working with U.S based head office
- Experience in HTML/CSS
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.