Across PepsiCo, we continue to build new capabilities that will be critical to achieving long-term, sustainable growth. The operating environment in which we do business is undergoing immense change, and it’s imperative that we transform in ways that enable us to meet the future needs of our customers and consumers. Digital technology is one such force of change, and the way we interact with retailers, shoppers and consumers is evolving at a dramatic pace. The impact of Digital / eCommerce has fundamentally evolved and in some cases transformed almost every consumer segment with groceries/consumables being the next space that external experts and large players (e.g., Amazon, Walmart) are betting on. As a result, e-commerce is one of the fastest-growing areas within the consumer products industry and represents a significant opportunity to accelerate growth for PepsiCo going forward.
The growth opportunity is broad-based, with both developed and developing markets experiencing rapid growth in this channel. As the Email Marketing Specialist, you will responsible for developing and executing programs to support online sales growth through the email marketing channel, as well as manage daily email deployment for PepsiCo eCommerce Sites.
- Assist in the building of a best-in-class email and SMS marketing program including automations, journeys, segmentation and personalization for marketing, transactional and operational campaigns
- Coordinate with brand marketing teams to understand the email objectives, goals, audience, messaging
- Manage and Deliver flawlessly executed marketing campaigns end-to-end including setup, template building, coding, scheduling, deployment and testing across multiple brands including Gatorade, Mtn Dew, Pantryshop
- Responsible for coordinating sophisticated direct marketing segmentation to target the right customers at the right time
- Create, personalize and optimize nurture campaigns for both acquisition and retention to understand customer lifecycle and purchasing journey
- Proactively manage and monitor email deliverability including successful campaign deployment (correct file size and send speed) and ISP inbox placement
- Execute data email hygiene strategies such as ECOA, email append and cleansed backfill
- Troubleshoot technical issues and consult with IT or vendor technical support to implement solutions
- Partner with the Ecommerce Marketing Lead, DTC to develop and execute a robust testing plan to improve personalization across direct marketing channels inclusive of product recommendations, relevant content and customized send frequency
- Partner with Email Designer on creative team to ensure email meets both strategic and brand design objectives
- Develop email best practices to share with stakeholders across the organization including creative, marketing, ecommerce and buying
- Identify, assess, and communicate pain points in order to improve processes, modernize the digital experience, and create engaging customer touchpoints
- Provide POV on new and native features while constantly monitoring industry trends and best practices. Ensure all campaigns comply with email marketing laws and data privacy policies
- Drive and monitor success of the program, campaign and segment levels - identifying and reporting on all areas to track effectiveness of the programs and clearly articulate optimizations – including open, click through and conversion rates, unsubscribes, bounces and revenue per send
- Undergraduate degree required.
- 3-4+ years of demonstrated success in a hands-on eCommerce email + SMS marketing role in a CPG or retail environment.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud required. Other ESP and marketing technology experience preferred.
- Experience with ecommerce and marketing tools such as Google Analytics, partners like Hubspot, Mailchimp, Attentive, etc
- Ability to apply data analysis and consumer insight to influence business decisions to drive performance
- Must be highly collaborative and the ability to work as part of a team, as well as cross-functionally
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
- Familiarity with A/B testing including program development and performance measurement.
- Understanding of customer service, supply chain, fulfilment, and operations processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-team projects with several teams.
- Experience with both B2B and B2C eCommerce preferred.
- Effectively balance multiple workstreams, timelines, deliverables and due dates
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.