Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home décor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of color—Kate Spade New York’s founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Role: Director, Email Marketing & CRM
The Director, Email Marketing & CRM plays a vital role in Kate Spade’s customer centricity efforts. The purpose of this role is to identify customer based opportunities and associated contact strategies. This role requires an understanding of both the art of marketing and the science of personalization. He/She will balance business as usual (BAU) and personalized efforts, managing health of file, customer retention goals and business goals for the email channel.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in managing personalization at scale, helping Kate Spade to connect the right message with the right customer, turning our first party data into a competitive advantage, fueling customer centricity. The ideal candidate possess a balance of marketing and analytic skills, able to derive insights from customer data and develop corresponding customer strategies and tactics. He or She will be organized and process driven, able to distill the complexity of multiple channels of business, categories and millions of customers.
- Development of customer strategy and corresponding tactical plan across various touchpoints including e-mail, SMS, and direct mail
- Identify points of personalization within the customer journey, both online and offline
- Maximize the performance of our e-mail channel with sound audience, timing, frequency and messaging decisions
- Work with Buying, Creative and other cross functional partners to build the marketing calendar and engage our customer with relevant offers and communications
- Establish audience based learning agenda
- Manage relationships and budgets associated with key vendors and service providers related to CRM, e-Mail and Direct MailPartner with Tapestry digital teams, leveraging marketing technology and capabilities to drive program results
- Oversee e-mail briefing process, ensuring clear actionable guidance is provided to creative team and that customer insights & mindset are embedded into each brief
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with a customer data platform (CDP) strongly preferred
- Experience in e-mail marketing/loyalty/CRM required. Experience in creating and leveraging segmentation at scale required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual (Power point, excel, etc.) the ability to simplify complex concepts into succinct presentations, reports and recaps
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud 2.0 preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Process mapping and/or process engineering experience a plus
- Natural curiosity and passion for the power of customer insights
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.