Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
Syracuse Athletics and Legends announced a 10-year partnership that will integrate data and analytics, marketing, ‘Cuse Athletics Fund annual giving, premium seating, and general ticket sales initiatives into a single revenue-driven approach. Legends will support the ‘Cuse Athletics Fund annual fundraising program. Legends’ unique fundraising platform, an essential service embraced by higher education, identifies effective fan and donor engagement strategies to amplify philanthropic giving and other opportunities. The partnership will also ensure that the Orange build upon their legacy of supporting student-athletes in the classroom and on the playing fields. Legends will also team with Syracuse University’s Falk College of Sport & Human Dynamics to provide education, mentorship, and career opportunities to students.
The Director of Data, CRM & Analytics is principally responsible for assisting our management team at the Syracuse University to drive strategy with data and actionable insights. This critical role will be focused on ticketing purchases, athletic constituent behavior patterns, and historic athletic donation data to further harness, extend and deliver the data analytics to drive business performance in the following verticals: General Ticketing, Premium Seating, Corporate Hospitality, and Annual Athletic Fundraising.
To accomplish this task, the Director of Data, CRM & Analytics works with the both Ticketing, Marketing, Premium Seating & Annual Fundraising and client to understand, define and document the overarching business objectives. The Director of Data, Insights & Analytics will conduct full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop data insights and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements to the overall data eco-system.
- Work in a cross functional environment with various business groups, IT and end users to identify, document, and communicate business processes
- Act as the subject matter expert and first line of support for the business processes and day-to-day operation infrastructure and systems
- Serve as primary point of contact for Salesforce, as well as the internal database administrator and subject matter expert.
- Responsible for training sales & service staff in CRM and ensuring that records are being updated and accurately in a timely manner.
- Create and develop reports and dashboards for data visualizations to support the day-to day needs of Syracuse Athletics.
- Understand the sources of data that feed into our CRM system and recommend how best to collect, organize, and use this data to maximize revenue and fan engagement.
- Design, build, and drive campaigns to better engage the Syracuse Fans, Alumni, and donors
- Analyze campaign performance and clearly articulate insight for how to improve engagement.
- Provide recommendations to sales leadership team on how to leverage our CRM to execute on their strategic vision, including lead scoring, prospecting, and retention strategies.
- Assist marketing to develop target audiences for sales and service communications (email, social, web, print, etc.) across ticketing and annual fundraising efforts
- Integrate with marketing department in the execution of digital marketing/advertising campaigns
- Ability to build flexible and innovative strategic plans for how analytics can be leveraged to improve the effectiveness of current campaigns, and to drive insights for new campaigns.
- Excellent communication, presentation and story-telling skills.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Develop strategies around data enrichment and information that could provide insights into interests/behaviors in addition to the basic demographic profile of a donor or fanbase
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Prepare ad-hoc queries using common reporting tools and other available tools and resources
- Ad hoc special projects as required or as necessary
- Day to day operational management responsibilities for all data processing and analysis systems and solutions
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated operational experience with Salesforce, Microsoft dynamics, Kore or other CRM platforms within sports
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in CRM campaign creation, workflow, and execution
- Demonstrated operational experience with sports ticketing platforms such as Ticketmaster or Paciolan
- A passion for working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.