Reports to: Senior Customer Value Marketing Manager
Team/Dept: Commercial Team, Shell Energy
At Shell Energy, we believe that home energy matters.
Our home energy business was born out of Shell’s acquisition of First Utility in 2018. As an original challenger to the big energy suppliers, First Utility had a heritage of supplying great value energy and broadband to customers.
Shell Energy supplies 100% renewable electricity, as well as gas, smart home technology and broadband, to British homes.
Our business is growing fast and we want to accelerate this growth further as well as expanding our product range in order to become a multi-product organisation helping customers become carbon neutral. We have set out to deliver the very best experience to our customers across all contact channels.
Who you’ll work with:
We’re ambitious with a pace to match, and as part of one of the world’s largest companies, the opportunity and ability to push forward is greater than ever before.
We foster a culture of continuous improvement. Accountability matters, which means enabling transformation through autonomy to influence and see progress through.
Every day we work to provide an environment where all employees feel valued and included, and are able to nurture their talent as individuals and as part of a collaborative team.
A diverse and inclusive workplace, embedded in our principles of honesty, integrity and respect, brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At Shell Energy, you’ll be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that’s helping to innovate.
Your part in our journey:
You will plan, develop and execute multi-channel, segmented customer lifecycle campaigns aimed at increasing the lifetime value of Shell Energy’s customers. You’ll have responsibility for building the contact strategies of multiple customer segments and executing on them.
You’ll take a data-led approach, drawing on customer behaviour, insights from ongoing tests and market conditions to develop effective campaigns that deliver on their KPIs. Then, working in collaboration with Brand and Design, you’ll work up the messaging and marketing collateral ready for implementation across channels like email, telesales, direct mail, push notifications and SMS through Salesforce Marketing Cloud. You’ll constantly be evaluating your campaigns and testing different approaches to ensure commercial performance is as strong as possible.
Your part in the team:
- Design and manage campaigns end-to-end within Salesforce to drive customer engagement and CLV growth
- Develop campaigns that target different segments appropriately, considering target segmentation, tailored propositions and offers, bespoke copy and format to maximise customer engagement and lifetime value
- Ensure all channels are considered throughout campaign planning and execution (e-mail, SMS, outbound, direct mail, push notifications)
- Clearly brief the Brand team (copywriters / designers) on any required assets for campaigns across copy, imagery and any other content requirements, working closely with them to refine and ensure the creative will support campaign targets
- Use Salesforce to build your own campaigns, using drag-and-drop templates and various design elements
- Ensure all campaigns are quality checked (spelling, layout, accuracy) as standard, with all content approved by key stakeholders across Brand, Commercial and Legal teams
- Report on campaign performance, their impact on key metrics and use data/analytics to validate suggestions, leveraging these insights to drive campaign improvements
- Ensure test & learn mindset is at the heart of all campaigns, testing channels, offers, copy, creative to drive continuous improvement and support key metrics
- Write clear, concise data briefs to Marketing Cloud team to ensure campaigns are segmented and target the right audiences appropriately; coordinate from start to finish
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders and the marketing team to ensure creative is briefed, planned in and completed on time
- Collaborate with Product, Pricing and Commercial teams to develop bespoke propositions for specific segments, providing business case rationale for requests
- Maintain CLV marketing calendar, keeping team documents up to date with latest plans
- Support and contribute in the development and implementation of the customer life-cycle marketing plan and planning
- Support for the wider Marketing Team as and when required
What you’ll need to help you make the best of the role:
- Commercially minded, with the ability to make recommendations based upon campaign tracking, and customer and market analysis / insight
- Experience of planning, creating and delivering customer communication plans and highly segmented multi-channel CRM campaigns (email, SMS, outbound, direct mail, push notifications).
- Strong analytical mindset with proven experience using complex data to drive clear recommendations
- Good awareness and understanding of customer lifetime value principles
- Understanding and experience of continuous test and learn campaigns, use of personalisation, and segmentation to continuously seek ways to improve campaign performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills, numerical analysis and communication skills
- Flexibility and a real “can do” approach
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisational skills demonstrated through experience managing complex campaigns or projects through to delivery, on time and within budget
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and know how to build great professional relationships.
Whats in it for you:
- Exclusive Retail Discounts (from nearly 900 retailers)
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) and Holiday Trading Scheme
- Quarterly Team Socials
- Employee Energy and Broadband Tariffs
- Access to our Wellbeing centre to aid you with our four M’s (Moving, Mind, Money and Munch)
- Charity events to support our charity partner, including a paid day off each year to volunteer
- BUPA Private Healthcare and Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mentoring Scheme
- Apprenticeship Schemes
- Development Portal to access development material
- Company maternity/adoption pay: 26 weeks full pay, followed by 13 weeks statutory pay for eligible employees.
- Two weeks full paternity pay
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme